Wednesday, April 9, 2014

A single act of kindness

"No kind action ever stops with itself. One kind action leads to another. Good example is followed. A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees. The greatest work that kindness does to others is that it makes them kind themselves."~ Amelia Earhart Recently, I encountered a young man I had not seen in quite sometime. The last time I saw him he was engaged in an altercation with another gentleman that had stepped on his foot and refused to apologize. I pulled him to the side and said " I don't know you and you don't know me however, I recognize that look in your eye. Son, what you're thinking is not wrong at this second but in twenty minutes it will be. You have been wronged, yes but, is it worth your future? Be the better man and walk away. Somebody somewhere needs you." He looked at me and said "yes sir" and walked away. I didn't recognize him the other day during a chance encounter when he spoke to me. He said "do you remember me?" I answered in the affirmative. I asked him how he was and he replied" I've had ups and downs pain and joy but right now I'm in the valley. " I said " son while you're there, take it all in never forget this place. When you come out rejoice that you know day from night and left from right. You have been prepared for this moment in time." He looked me in the eye and said "I will. Thank you." We parted ways. A kind word, a sincere thought as you pass along this way of life could make all the difference in the world to someone burdened by life.

No comments:

Post a Comment